Dear Teachers, Researchers, Partners!
PLEASE STAY IN YOUR ACCOMODATION EVEN MORE
Do not leave your dormitories or flats without an important reason!
STAY INSIDE, STAY SAFE!
Our above appeal to you still remains in force! New government restrictions have been introduced and apply as of 01 April 2020
New government restrictions for the period:
from 01 April 2020 until further notice
According to Polish government latest restrictions everyone on the territory of Poland is supposed to stay at home and isolate themselves to prevent the spread of the COVID-19.
Financial penalties will be imposed on those who gather in public places and break the rules. They are from 5,000 to 30,000 PLN!
Do not gather in groups and do not go outside unless it is unavoidable.
We may leave our accommodation for 3 reasons only:
1. when we need to go to work,
2. when we need to work as volunteers helping to fight COVID-19 or help those who remain under
quarantine or should not go outside,
3. when we need to satisfy our basic needs, such as go to a grocery shop or to a pharmacy (to get
basic food products or medications), have an appointment with a doctor (call them first!), walk the
!!! When you need to go outside, keep at least 2-METER-DISTANCE from other pedestrians !!!
- max. 2 people can go out together. This also applies to families. Only children under 13, disabled
persons who require care and the elderly people are excluded from this restriction,
- young people under 18 must go out under the supervision of an adult,
- do not enter PARKS, BOULVARDS, PROMENADES,BEACHES,
- do not use CITY BIKES,
- do not go for a run and do not do any other sports activities outside for the time being,
- all hairdressers, beauty and tattoo studios are closed. Home visits related to the performance of
these services are prohibited,
- there can be a maximum of three people in supermarkets per one cash register. This means, that if
there are 10 cash registers in a shop, as many as 30 people shall be able to enter the shop at the same
- at post offices the limit of clients is down to two people at one counter,
- at marketplaces there is a limit of three people per one stand,
- you need to PUT ON PROTECTIVE GLOVES BEFORE YOU ENTER A SHOP.
Remember not to touch your face while wearing gloves, to take them off properly and to wash or
disinfect your hands after taking them off.
- all construction/refurbishment product related shops shall be closed at weekends,
- grocery shops, pharmacies, and service centres shall remain open,
ATTENTION! From 10 a.m. till 12 noon shops are open for people over 65 years of age only!
- hotels and other accommodation facilities shall be closed, with the exception of buildings for
- in every workplace there should be a distance of at least 1.5 meters between 2 work places,
- the quarantine rules shall be extended. Those who are subject to quarantine shall remain completely
isolated, also from their family members. If the quarantine takes place at home, all other inhabitants
shall be subject to the quarantine,
- both public and private means of transport shall allow in as many people as half the number of
seats available on a bus,
- at service centres and petrol stations employees are required to disinfect the counter and the terminal
after each client,
- rehabilitation treatments both public and private ones are cancelled except when it is imperative for
the good health condition of a patient,
- you can move around in a private car, but only for a specific reason.
Please be patient. We do understand the complexity of the situation which affects the entire humanity throughout the globe. We all need to cooperate, stay reasonable and obey public regulations and restrictions in order to fight this virus and get back to normal again.
Take good care of yourselves and people around you.
Do not take this risk of being fined by local authorities or expelled from the university.
It doesn’t serve any purpose.
The purpose is to stick together, fight this threat together and stay safe!
Please follow the Resolution No 65/2020 of the Rector of the Silesian University of Technology of 25 March 2020 where specific preventive measures are introduced in relation to the growing threat of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Follow the announcements published on SUT Polish and English websites and also the announcements on University Facebook accounts, such as: Silesian University of Technology and International Mobility Office.
For more information you may follow the link: