In order to protect the health and life of employees, doctoral candidates and students of the Silesian University of Technology, in relation to the SARS-CoV-2 virus pandemic, four COVID-19 risk levels used in the premises of the University are introduced.
The colour of the applied markings corresponds to the epidemiological risk and is reflected in the scope of implemented recommendations and restrictions concerning the functioning of the Silesian University of Technology community:
1) risk level 0 - green, means: no restrictions, basic health and safety at work rules shall apply, the University operates in a traditional mode,
2) risk level 1 - yellow, means: implementation of basic sanitary regime, work performed mainly in an on-site mode, implementation of restrictions in the operation of the University,
3) risk level 2 - orange, means: increased sanitary regime, work performed mainly remotely, closing the University to third parties, reducing mobility and contacts, increasing restrictions in the operation of the University,
4) risk level 3 - red colour, means: crisis situation, operation of the University in a remote mode, excluding units necessary to maintain the continuity of operation, suspended mobility, ban on accommodation, remote contact.
At the entrance to each building, a colour code will be posted, informing about the risk level, if it is higher than the general risk level applicable to the entire University.
This level will be updated depending on the epidemic situation at the University. It will be determined individually for:
1) campuses: Katowice, Rybnik, Zabrze, Gliwice,
3) separate buildings,
4) rector and central administration.