Faculty of Architecture - International cooperation
The Faculty has Erasmus partnerships with over 20 European architecture schools, including Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Fachhochschule Aachen, Chalmers University of Technology, Kopenhavens Tekniske Skole, Gazi University Ankara, Izmir Institute of Technology.
The Faculty of Architecture is a member of EAAE (European Association for Architectural Education) and ECLAS (European Council of Landscape Architecture Schools). It also cooperates with organizations and institutions in many countries, e.g. with IAPS (International Association for People-Environment Studies), Internationale Bauausstellung (IBA) Furst-Puckler-Land in Germany, Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation in Italy, National Preservation of Cultural Heritage Old Halich in Ukraine. Our students participate in international design workshops and, within the framework of ERASMUS program, they can study at 23 partner universities.
Recent activities in international cooperation:
- International CEEPUS Summer School - Interdisciplinary Approach In Shaping Sustainable Public Space (2017),
- International Students’ Workshop “Housing Estates in V4, What Next?” (2014-2017)
- TEDxSilesianUniversityofTechnology “Interfaces” (2016)
- Fulbright Specialist Project: Sustainable Urban Development - an integrated approach. From municipal policy, through master planning and public participation, to building development (2016)
- International Research Workshop COST/genderSTE - “Gender in Research and Application in Projects: special focus on intersectionality (age, race, etc.)” (2016)
- International Students Workshop ”Teaching Students from Poland and Germany about post-industrial revitalisation in the city of Seifhennersdorf by adapting regional Umgebindehäuser” (2013), „Neue Ideen für alte Häuser“ Windmühle Seifhennersdorf (2014), Teaching students from Poland and Germany about the revitalisation by adaptation of regional Wooden Houses (2016)
- Erasmus Intensive Summer Programme “Let’s Exchange HERitage of our CULture – drawing as communication tool for students of architecture and engineers from European universitiES (HERCULES)” with Opole University of Technology, Silesian University of Technology, VIA University College (Denmark), UPV Escuela Tecnica Superior de Ingenieria de Edificacion (Spain), Universitat Jaume I - Escuela Tecnica Superior de Tecnologia (Spain), Hameen ammattikorkeakoulu HAMK (Finland), Universita degli Studi di Pavia (Italy).
- Lazio - Silesia: Brownfields - Comparative Analysis and Creative Ideas” (cooperation with the University of Cassino and Southern Lazio)