Silesian University of Technology logo Silesian University of Technology
Go Search
International Mobility Office

Health Insurance

Students from EU/EEA countries staying temporarily in the territory of Poland are entitled to free health care on the basis of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or in particular cases on the basis of a special certificate (translated into Polish by sworn translator).

Don’t forget forget about insurance against accidents (EHIC is just a health insurance).

Students from non-EU/EEA countries should purchase health accidents insurance in their home country, before departure. In case of the ISIC or Euro<26 card, insurance is included in the card and it is not necessary to buy another one unless one wants to increase its scope or value.
According to the state health regulations, foreigners have to pay for medical consultation. The cost is then reimbursed by the health insurance company.

As policy holder you should know detailed notes of your insurance agreement and in case emergency situation know the procedure of reporting sudden accidents as well as telephone number to the company.

Scholarships 2020/2021
Admission 2019/2020
Art & Design Competition
European projects
ELSEVIER Awards Poland
HR Excellence in Research
Admin Rules for the use of "cookies" on the websites of the Silesian University of Technology
© Silesian University of Technology